I have had a pretty productive week or so, not much real work and kids started back at school this week. So I have a few things to share. Actually I think this quilt was finished a week ago I just hadn't taken photos!
It is a Convergence Quilt from the book by Ricky Tims.
I am calling mine "Up the garden path" because I used a garden path panel for one of the corners. I had so much trouble quilting this top, I started quilting it about a year ago and had heaps of thread trouble so I gave up. This time I used good quality thread and still had a lot of breakage, I tried 3 different threads and gave her a good clean, oil and needle change but I still had some breakage so she has gone for some pampering. But I did push on and finish the quilting before she went away.
I figured by the time I got the inside quilted that I had wrecked the quilt so I thought I would try something new for the border. I actually did feathers....Yay! I did a wavy line around the middle of the border with feathers on the inside and straight lines on the outside. I wish the border fabric wasn't so busy so you could see it better. I am so happy with how it turned out! The quilt actually looks okay! Just don't look to closely at the back ;)
On Sunday I decided to make a dress for one of my friends little girls. I picked the fabric, checked what size she wears and got stuck into it! The pattern is Pinny #2 by Make it Perfect.
On Monday all I had left to do was sew on some buttons and button holes. The strap is supposed to the thread through the button holes and tie in a knot to secure it but I decided to use a button for extra security. I also did some extra top stitching just because I love the look and I french seamed the whole dress - I am totally in love with french seams! It means I don't have to use the over locker and they look so neat!
Somewhere in there I also go the checker board border sewn onto the Midnight at the Oasis quilt.
And this morning I put together the first block of the last border. It is 1/8" too small so I will adjust the seam allowance on the rest...only 43 blocks!
I think that is it for now!
Bye, Jess :)