Vreni has awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much Vreni, I feel quite flattered, really!
1. competent in many things; able to turn easily from one subject or occupation to another; many-sided
2. adaptable to many uses or functions
I suppose maybe in the crafting world I am slightly versatile. I can do basic hand embroidery, I can make clothes, softies, quilts, I can quilt (it may be dodgy to some LOL) on my domestic machine in straight lines and free motion! And I can do needle turn applique! Okay, enough bragging - I accept the award!
Now I have to tell you 7 things you may not know about me…
1. I hated sewing when it was a requirement in high school. Even the boys were better than me!
2. We have 2 pairs of geese, one is sitting on eggs at the moment so we might have goslings soon! I love the sound of their honking!
3. I love hand work and I really would love to try hand quilting.
4. I am a ham radio operator, my callsign is VK4FJAR. My hubby has been a ham forever, his call is VK4RV.
5. I grew up on a dairy farm, I miss all that fresh milk! It made awesome iced coffee!
6. I have lived in the same area my whole life. I have roots here, my mum and dad also grew up in this area!
7. I am getting a new kitchen on Monday YAY!, at the moment my sink is propped up on the dishwasher!
And now, I am recommending only a few of my favourite blogs, this was hard to narrow down to five…
Little Miss Shabby – check out her mini joes coat pincushion! It is fantastic!
Kate Conklin Designs - I love Kate’s fresh designs!
Quiltsalott – Janet’s machine quilting and appliqué are stunning! Something for me to aspire too!
Sugarlane Quilts – Wendy is a fellow queenslander, who does fabulous work and is co-hosting the Birdcage sew-in, 25/26th September 2010!
Cut to Pieces – I have only recently come across Angela’s blog, she is so creative and fresh!
Check out the above blogs, you won’t regret it!