Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cake decorating!?

I know, I know, cake decorating is not sewing. But I have wanted to try this out ever since I stumbled across it about 6 months ago….yes, it has taken that long!

img_2828 
Does it look yummy yet? Let me tell you – I think I have a sugar hang-over today, honestly I feel terrible, but that is neither here nor there. The boys loved it, all that bowl and mixer licking! I’m surprised they aren’t sick!

img_2824 
This is my first ever attempt at decorating a cake, and this method is super easy. I made a chocolate cake, from a new recipe which I don’t recommend as I wasn’t 100% happy with the cake, so use a recipe you have made before!

I even made chocolate ganache, which was pretty easy and super yummy!

And then I followed the tutorial over at Texas Monkey for the dressing up part, I used M&M’s and Corinthians wafer sticks. You really need to check this blog out – the cakes are gorgeous!

So, Happy Anniversary Mum and Dad!

Be happy,
Jess

4 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

What a great cake! My mouth is watering. I need chocolate, right now!!!! Your fault ;). Happy Anniversary to your mum and dad.

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh my goodness the boys are going to be on a sugar high for a while.
Mmmm... looks yummy
Happy Anniversary to your Mum and Dad
Alison

Kate said...

Looks absolutely delicious!

Susie said...

Hi thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello. Love your blog too, and that cake, well done, could do with an m and m fest tonite. Hope its enjoyed by all and especially your mum and dad too. A lovely anniversary treat.

Have a great evening.

Susie
ijustlovethatfabric.com.au