Sunday, August 7, 2011

One project is never enough!

Hi all!

Do you find it difficult to work on one thing at a time? I do.

I vowed to just work on the blue and cream quilt but I have been lured away by other tempting ideas! I will show you some but first an update on the blue and cream quilt…


Here is a mountain of broken dishes! Not sure how many, I would guess half of the required amount so probably about 100 or so!


This how they go together. A four patch unit (these 4 aren’t sewn together yet) this is the dark colourway and I need 15 of this block.


This is the light colourway and I need 15 of these too.

I haven’t started joining these blocks together yet but I put these on the design wall to help keep me motivated and to see how the colours work together.  I like it and I think it will look quite scrappy when it is finished.

Now on to some distractions….


This is the top for a kite wall hanging. The tutorial is from the Moda Bakeshop. I have used the mini charm pack of Little Apples and some fabrics from my stash.


This is a wall hanging I am working on for my uncle who was in the Queensland Ambulance for quite a few years. I am sort of designing this as I go along!

   
I also dabble in dressmaking every now and then. I picked up this fabric at Spotlight and I am thinking view C. I will have to see how I go with time management!

I know there are other things I am also working on but maybe it is best not to confess too much!

blog signature

9 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Absolutely, I agree wholeheartedly! I won't tell you how many UFO's and WIP I have lying around ;). Love all your projects, especially the wall hanging with the Little Apple fabrics. I've just ordered some as well and can't wait for them to arrive.

Khris said...

Love your "little apples" and love your skirt pattern...any of the styles would be lovely.
Hugs Khris

Quiltjane said...

It's good to work on many things at a time. I love the buddy cutting in the 'Little Apples' kite and the ambulance themed wall hanging is looking superb.

RobynLouise said...

Ssshhhh, don't start confessing or we may feel we have to own up too. I'm keeping a list as otherwise I find items 'disappear' into the fabric pile and sometimes don't 'reappear' for ages :O!!
Cheers,
Robyn

Paula said...

I always have 2-3 projects going at the same time...Never just have one project to work on....

I'm organizing a Christmas fabric swap, and was wondering if you would be interested in joining in on the fun, if so, you can check out the details here
Paula's Crafty Boutique.
Happy quilting

Wendy said...

Your quilt blocks are really beautiful and I love the pattern and fabric you have chosen for your skirt.

Roseanne said...

Boy you have got a lot of projects on the go. I will have to keep my eyes open to see them all finished.

Janet said...

I don't even know how many projects I have in various stages. I love the blue blocks, no wonder you wanted to play with them. All the distractions look good and you've just reminded me I have to make some dresses soon.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I'm right there with ya girlfriend. I have so many things going on at once it's crazy!
I wish I could sew clothes. I've tried several times and I'm terrible at it.
xx, shell