Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sewing frenzy!

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a sewing frenzy at the moment! My mojo is pumping! LOL I hope it sticks around for a bit….

First up, let me warn you that I am still trying to figure out our new camera, it is nothing like the old one which I realise now was fantastic and easy to use. All my photos are fuzzy ….ugh…. very frustrating.

For sewing day last week at Christine’s I took my machine so I could get the rest of the Broken Dishes blocks made…


Since sewing day I have sewn them into the required units for the quilt….I have 15 x light Jamestown Square blocks, 15 x dark Jamestown Square blocks, 22 x half Jamestown Square blocks and 46 x Broken Dishes blocks.


I have made a pair of potholders for my Aunt and Uncle who put us up for a night on our holiday. Just to say thank you!


They are 10” square. I made 2 square in a square (I think thats what they would be called) blocks, cut them into quarters and swapped them around a bit. And ta-da two gorgeous blocks that would also look great repeated for a quilt. I have run out of insulbright now, some more is on my sewing shopping list…I love making potholders!

And as if I need more projects here are two I couldn’t resist…


This is a Colour Block Placemats and Napkins sew-along. I thought I might use up some of my DS Fabrics for this one as I am making 2 sets that will coordinate and be for everyday use. 

This is a stitchery book by Helen from Hugs n’ Kisses. I am a bit late joining this one but I have always wanted to do something like this and the end result is gorgeous!

I am starting with Lesson 2. Because lesson 1’s PDF wouldn’t download with the proper font for the title, hopefully I can go back and get it later.

So there you have it, my ever growing list of WIP’s! I just can’t help myself!

blog signature

7 comments:

Narelle said...

Wow!
It really is full steam ahead at your place :o)
Love all the blue blocks and the pot holders are so nice and summery.
Enjoy your sewing.

Oops-Lah said...

Nice pot holders! And your broken dishes blocks come along nicely. I was also looking at the table mats by OF, but think I'm putting them on hold for a while. I'm having too much on my plate already.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Somebunny's been busy! Love those broken dishes blocks. Old fashioned blocks are so comforting and cozy.
xx, shell

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You sure have been busy! Love the pot holders. Looks like you will be plenty busy with your new projects.

Elyte said...

Wow, you have been very productive. Lovely work as always.

Janet said...

Wow, your needles must be smoking, you have so many great things going on. I love the broken dishes block a lot, one of my favourites.

Wendy said...

Hi Jess, you are making so many beautiful things. They all look gorgeous, I love the potholders.