We have been pretty busy here…
I was finally able to convince Hubby to extend the quilting setup I am looking after for my SIL.
It is actually a short-arm quilting machine….I have only done a little bit of practice so far and it has been here since the beginning of the year…what a waste, right?!
Then I realised I didn’t have anything ready to quilt. So I been busy finishing off a couple of tops.
This is the star quilt from Quilting From Little Things…I am pretty happy with how it has turned out…I am a bit worried about the seam joining the stars to the first border, in some places – were the star-arms join the border – the seam allowance is cutting it a bit fine…might iron some interfacing to the back for extra support.
I finally put the border on this sampler quilt. I think she will be my first quilting victim ;) I mean my first customer!
Just need to join the backing fabric and I am right to go…I will try to do that tomorrow and get her loaded on the machine.
I whipped up these cute little coasters for my neighbour….a thank you for a beautiful beehive ginger and a very enjoyable afternoon tea!