So over on Kellie's Don't Look Now blog she has put into motion a mass progress report for the Quilt-along she is running.
Here is my progess -
- how much have you completed so far - I have done 6 blocks and have a heap of petals ready to be attached to the background.
- where / when are you finding the time to work on the project - I have a seemingly short attention span and keep getting distracted by other things, but I usually do this sort of thing at night after the kids have gone to bed.
- you may also like to let us know some of your tricks, tips & hints - I am trying to make a few blocks at a time. And I am going to try skipping the gluing of the seams down and turn it as I sew. I think I will get better points this way and I don't think it will take me any longer. I'll let you know how this goes!
- how you went about choosing your fabrics etc - I chose my favourite colour which is purple. I also love a scrappy look so I have nearly 20 different fabrics.
- what your plans are for the quilt ... who you are making it for etc - I am being selfish and making this quilt for myself. Ultimately I'd like to do a queen size but we shall see, I might not be finished before I'm 90!
This week I have also managed to finish a block from Homespuns BOM. I notice the new mag is at the newsagents but not in my letter box yet - not happy!
My SIL came down with her kids on Wednesday and I did some sewing with her eldest daughter, she is eight so it was quite interesting. I'll share some photos soon!
P.S. The recipe for the Chocolate Cherry Slice is from Super Food Ideas mag, Feb 2010 issue. Sue, if you can't get a copy send me an email and I'll send you a copy of the recipe.