Saturday, February 5, 2011

That’s my diet out the window!

Hi all,

You may have noticed on the side of my blog a button that says “Fabric Diet”. Well I have been on it since the beginning of the year, and doing really well I might add. But things happened that are way beyond my control…..

Sew this and that flooded jan 2011
The flooding of my local patchwork shop. Which led to this…

water-sale-300x126  
You can read the particulars on their website. The fabric was a fantastic price (for aussies anyway) and I felt bad buying it that cheap, although some had slight marking from dirty water and the dark fabric next to it bleeding.

img_3250
Kaffe, glorious Kaffe! I could not leave it there on that shelf!

img_3252 

A gorgeous Mary Engelbreit panel and other assorted goodness!

img_3254
And a nice stack of fatties to build my stash up! Does it need building up? I am finding I have gaps in the rainbow, here’s to filling them in!

I hope all our quilty friends in north Queensland faired okay in Cyclone Yasi. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

blog signature

3 comments:

Perri said...

How sad for your local patchwork shop :-( But, great for you :-))
Happy stitching, P

Oops-Lah said...

I think you did a very "good deed" in helping your local shop to get rid of the damaged goods so they can order new stock. Well done ;). Vreni xx

Ivory Spring said...

Jessica, dieting is over-rated. :) Love those fabrics!!!!