Friday, January 3, 2014

WIPs and UFOs

Hi all,

This year I am wanting to focus on my ever growing pile of WIPs and UFOs. It worked out well that this is also a major part of the Fabriholics Anonymous challenge.

WIPs - The projects I am actively working on at the moment are the Midnight at the Oasis quilt and a double wedding ring quilt.

2014 active wips collage

I also have a commission quilt that I would like to start in February once school is back in.

violets quilt fabric tuned

Now my list of UFOs is pretty extreme….I am a starter! Unfortunately not so much of a finisher it seems but I hope to change that this year. 

2014 unfinished quilt tops 
Finished quilt tops that need to be quilted and bound.
- Convergence quilt. Half quilted but had thread issues, can be finished now thanks to Jane lending me some similar thread from a different company.
- Star quilt. Needs quilting.
- Big block quilt (can’t remember the proper name). Needs quilting.
- Marti Michell quilt. Quilting is done and now needs to be bound.
- Pure Schnibbles quilt. Needs quilting.
- Owl quilt. Needs quilting.
- Baltimore quilt (not pictured…also my oldest UFO at approx. 7 years old). Needs quilting.

2014 UFOs 
Unfinished quilts.
- Blocks from Ausmod bee 2013. Need to be put together.
- Polaroid blocks. Swap 2012/2013. Need something done to them, not sure how I will finish them yet.
- Josephs Coat QAL 2009. Need to be finished but unsure how to finish them off as the QAL was never finalised.
- Mariners Compass quilt circa 2009. Need to finish the appliqué.
- Afternoon Delight quilt 2013. Continue working on the appliqué.
- X and + blocks from QCA bee 2012 and swaps 2012/13. Need to be put together.

It looks like I have my work cut out for me…and I am pretty sure that I have missed a couple of things. Not to mention the quilts I would love to start too!

Bye for now,
Jess :)

11 comments:

Marjorie said...

I have a lot more UFO's than you. And I'll be happy to help you figure out the Joseph's Coat. I got mine done and there are MUCH easier ways that the way it was done on the QAL.

Newbie Jen said...

You go girlie!

Susan said...

That is SOME list! Picked the one which is closest to being finished...that way you will really feel like you have achieved something in a short amount of time! Good luck!

Janet said...

Wow, you have a list that reads like a confession of a distracted quilter, lol. I bet if I made one, it would be bigger. I really love the double wedding ring and midnight quilt a lot. Good luck with your goals.

Unknown said...

Yeah start with an easy one.... maybe the binding only one?

DeborahGun said...

wow - that is quite a list. Here's to a year of finishes!!

prsd4tim2 said...

Omgh! What gorgeous beginnings! I particularly love the Mariner's Compass quilt (it fits with my brights on white mania) but they are all glorious! I can't wait to see what you accomplish in 2014! Happy quilting!

Sue SA said...

I know it seems like alot but once the kids are back at school and you start quilting, the finishes will seem very quick! Enjoy!

Oops-Lah said...

Yes, you certainly have your work cut out for you. But it's nice work, don't forget that ;)! Unfortunately I'm very much the same as I love to start new projects but finishing, not so much. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll stay on the straight and narrow this year (and please do the same for me)!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Progress. Just make progress on some of these projects, and, things will start to fall into place.

barcord said...

All lovely work Jess. I have full confidence in you. Just start at the very beginning, that's a very good place to start.....