Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweat shop sewing

Hiya!

I may be crazy but I have been doing some sewing this weekend….in my very own little sweat shop! It is so hot, I know it is heaps hotter elsewhere but I am more of a winter girl.

Hubby took this photo while I was pretending to strike poses – sorry for the no chin look LOL

Top front

This top is Simplicity 1884 view B, without the tie. I used a satiny material, which is not very good in this heat but should be nice when it cools down a bit.

Top back

I am hoping it will look nice with a black skirt but I really think it would look great with aqua capri pants, not that I own any!

Dress cutting

Next I am cutting out this dress, I am making the long version with short sleeves and using a lightweight cotton fabric from Spotlight.

I also have a couple of finishes to share but I will spread them out over the next week or so!

I hope everyone is surviving the heat and the fires, my thoughts are with all my bloggy friends who are being affected.

Here are my tips for surviving the heat – keep a damp face washer in the fridge and rub it all over your face every now and then. And eat your Paddle Pops fast!

blog signature

3 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

I feel for you as I don't like the heat either. I hope you can find a cool spot somewhere. The top you've sewn is lovely and fits perfectly.

Elyte said...

Top looks great. You will have to get hubby to take you out in your new outfit.

Wendy said...

You look gorgeous Jess, love the new top and fabric! I look forward to seeing the next outfit.