Thursday, January 31, 2013

Traffic Light…stop…go…

Hi all,

I wanted to squeeze in a last finish for January…this was actually finished a couple of weeks ago but I was waiting for it to be put up!

It still needs some finishing – the rail needs to be trimmed. But that is a minor detail, the main thing is that it is up on the wall!

Traffic light quilt 2

This is from the book Stop.Go.Quilt.Sew! by Angela Yosten and you can actually get this book for 40% off this week – you do not want to miss this if you have boys in your life!

Traffic light quilt 1

As always I changed it a bit – Just the background fabric…I used one big piece of fabric, it is a tone on tone cream with darker spots from my stash. The pattern calls for a jelly roll of white but I didn’t want to buy anything, cheap I know but really who wants to wait – it would have taken me at least a week longer to make just waiting for the JR to arrive and I was ready to sew now!

Traffic light quilt

I straight line quilted it which was a nightmare…straight lines and I are not friends!

All the fabric came from my stash so I am happy and No.1 son picked this pattern and loves it in his room so everyone is happy!

Next on the list for his room is the No Parking quilt from the same book, but as it is summer so I am not in a hurry to get this done yet!

Here is a quick peek at what I am working on at the moment -

WIP Marti Michell BOM

I am putting the top together for the Marti Michell American Beauty BOM. Hope to have a finished top to share soon!

blog signature

4 comments:

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Awesome Jess! It looks fantastic - bet your boys love it :o)

Oops-Lah said...

What a gorgeous wall hanging, and very fitting for a little boy's room. The quilt you are working on is lovely too. You really are on a roll lately, aren't you?
Have your kids gone back to school yet?

Wendy said...

Great boys wall hanging, it looks perfect! Love your american beauty too.

Angela Yosten said...

Love <3 Love <3 Love <3 your version of my design!!! Thank you so much for sharing it! It turned out awesome!!! If it is okay, I would like to share your quilt on my blog and link back to your post. :)