Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bee block bonanza!

Hi All,

Even though I have tried to cut down on commitments this year there was one bee I could not resist – the AusMod Bee. It was actually a bit hard to get into this bee but after a couple of blogging buddies vouched for me I was accepted!

I didn’t get accepted until March and the bee has been going since January, and my month was going to be April 2014….a long way away! But one of the girls has pulled out because of family commitments so I have been bumped up to July, yay!

But, along with that came all the blocks that hadn’t been completed by the one leaving, not that I mind really because I got to make some great blocks!

Bee block practice January AMH feather

This is my practice block for Lorena who was Queen Bee for January, it is Anna Maria Horner’s Feather quilt pattern.

bee blocks for Lorena January pt1

Each block has 2 feathers.

bee blocks for Lorena January pt2

Next up was some paper pieced blocks for Jane who was Queen Bee for February.

Bee blocks for Jane February

These went together really easily. You should check out Jane’s quilt - partly together here. It is going to look great!

And today I finished Charlotte’s (Queen Bee for March) blocks.

Bee blocks for March

The brief was 12” traditional blocks made modern. So I chose Weathervane, this was in the QAL last year and the other block is called Aunt Sukey’s Choice or Puss n’ Boots. Both blocks I drew up on EQ7 based on designs from a 70’s Patchwork book.

I have the fabric here for the April blocks but there is no hurry on those yet….so now I can focus on some other things!!!

blog signature

8 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Gorgeous blocks! Lucky that you made into the Bee (at long last). Did you need any kind of special "quilting certificate" to qualify ;) ??

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Fab blocks!

Kirsten said...

All of your blocks look wonderful Jess!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Awesome Jess! Love the ones for Charlotte - I've made one but I'm stumped on the second - might have to pull out 'the book' too, lol.

prsd4tim2 said...

All of your blocks are gorgeous, but I especially love your feathers. So pretty.

Kirsty said...

Love the blocks!!

Kristy QP said...

Your blocks look great! I love the feather on the text background!

Newbie Jen said...

Beautiful blocks, Jess! I love them all.