Thursday, April 25, 2013

The triangle quilt

Hi all,

This has to be one of my fastest finishes ever! For a quilt that is. Started and finished in 2 weeks!

engagement quilt

While trying to decide what to make for an upcoming engagement party I came across these left over triangles, scraps to anyone else! They are left over from this quilt. Which is still not quilted BTW. I seem to have a pattern of using up the leftovers before the original project is finished.

engagement ideas

This picture got rave reviews on my FB page so I went with it!

engagement ideas progress

I trimmed the triangles to 6” sides. I pretty much made it up as I went along, there are loads of tutorials for these quilts but as long as your triangles are all the same size it should work.

engagement quilt 2

I quilted straight lines following the edges of the triangles, the lines are pretty organic and I changed direction here and there.

engagement quilt 3

For the back I used some Heather Bailey Pop Garden with a strip of Bella Raspberry which I also used for the binding.

Stats – Triangle Quilt
No Pattern
Size – 54” x 46”
Fabric – Leftover triangles, Bella Etching Slate, Bella Raspberry and HB Pop Garden.
Quilting – by me in straight lines.

engagement quilt 1

blog signature

15 comments:

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

It's fantastic jess!

Sowing Stitches said...

Beautiful! I need a quick quilt ...maybe I will try this pattern...you've inspired me! I love how the red binding pulls it all together! Thanks for sharing your completed quilt!!

Quilt Kitty said...

That is stunning Jess. I am amazed by how much more the colours pop against the grey background than the white. Thanks for the lesson! Tracee x

Oops-Lah said...

It looks great Jess. I'm sure the newly engaged couple will love it.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

WOW Jess this is so effective and sure to be well loved. hugs

Wendy said...

It's gorgeous Jess, I love the grey background too. The backing is lovely. xx

Unknown said...

Love it. Especially the grey.

Sue SA said...

Love this and especially how the grey background made the colours really come alive.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute! Mail that unfinished quilt top to me, and I'll finish it. No guarantees that it will get returned to you :)

Kirsten said...

Such a beautiful way to use up your leftovers - the colours look so lovely against the grey!

Elyte said...

Gorgeous finish Jess, the grey makes those colours glow. The binding finishes it off beautifully. My 26 yo daughter sends her compliments as well.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love it! Such a beautiful quilt! It makes me want to make a triangle quilt!

prsd4tim2 said...

So fun! Love your quilt. So pretty!

I have some triangles just waiting for me to get to them...

Jodi B. said...

Your triangle quilt is so pretty. I love the polka dots in it. Congrats on your quarter 2 finish.

Kelsey said...

Wow this is lovely! So many triangles :) I like the combination of half triangles and half solids. Love it!