Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Needlebook Swap

(I always start my blog posts as if I am writing a letter…I even tend to do this with text messages. Is this old fashioned? I notice most of the blogs I follow just start writing almost as if the conversation never ended. So, what’s the go? Do I say hello or just get into it?)

That’s enough thinking aloud for one post…I participated in a Needlebook swap, organised by Samelia’s Mum over on facebook. I thought it would be a fun little project. And I loved thinking about what I could make and then doing it!

Needlebook swap 1

This is what I made for my partner. I could not resist using the Mama Said Sew range by Sweetwater.

Needlebook swap 2

My partner said she liked blue so I added a hint in the inside.

Needlebook swap 3

And the back. I put the closure on the back, a little piece of velcro because I didn’t want to detract from the hexi flower on the front. I was inspired by this needlebook but I didn’t follow a tute I just made it up as I went.

And this is the cute little needlebook I received -

needlebook swap received

I especially love the Friends plaque! It is on the shelf above my sewing machine!

Now I need to finish my mini for the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap (DUDQS) and post by the end of this week. I have already received mine (and I love it) but I will wait and do a full post once my partner gets hers!

By for now,
Jess :)

7 comments:

barcord said...

Lovely Jess, both of them.

Tammy said...

Beautiful needle books

Kirsten said...

Your needle book is beautiful!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a cute little needle book. I just love the hexie flower on the front, and the tape measure on the inside.

Oops-Lah said...

I think it's lovely the way you always address your readers. And no, it doesn't feel like a letter or an email, it feel friendly. The needle book you've made is very nice; I like all the little details. How big is it? It probably looks bigger in the pictures than it is in reality. You also got a lovely one in return.

DeborahGun said...

gorgeous needle books. And I like it when you say hello :-)

Kim said...

I love your all your needlebooks, all so pretty and different, particularly the hexagon flower one. I adore all things hexagon!!