Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sewjo in overdrive!

Hi all,

I don’t know where to start! After a couple of weeks of working everyday I have really enjoyed being at home more and sewing every spare second.

I started with this -

Apple

It is from Heather Bailey’s Fresh Picked pattern of fruit pincushions. I was thinking it would be a cool teacher appreciation present but the boys loved it so much that it didn’t make it to school.

I have been side tracked too! And this quilt is really  addictive, I just want to work on it non stop!

Midnight Oasis centre medallion

This is the centre of the Midnight at the Oasis quilt. A pattern by Jen Kingwell. I am using the Quiltmania pattern but you can also buy the pattern on its own.

So, I thought I had better do a to do list so I don’t get too side tracked.

to do list

The first thing on the list is made and ready to be posted. I will do a full reveal when they have been swapped!

I am working on the mini quilt now. I am doing lots of needle turn appliqué for this so I hope my partner loves it…she actually hasn’t been commenting on my sneak peeks so I am a little worried.  There are pictures on Instagram and flickr.

Blakes quilt – AKA the star burst quilt is coming along. I am ready to baste it and start quilting, just don’t have the energy today for all that kneeling and pinning. I was going to share this quilt for my post in the Boys Blog Hop but I can’t do that now so I am quickly coming up with something else and I hope to do a tutorial too. I will be using that shark fabric in the background of the above picture.

fortheboysbutton_zpsc46f2d87Here is a list of the participants in the blog hop - 

November 6th
Vrooman's Quilts
Sew Many Yarns
Young Texan Mama
Baa’s Amazing Adventures!
Little Mushroomcap
Threading My Way
Sarah Scholz and Chasing Unicorns
Quilt Doodle Designs

November 7th
Amy's Crafty Shenanigans
Ridge Top Quilts
Creatin' in the Sticks
Elizabeth Coughlin Designs
Meadowbrook
Malinis Quilts
Just Let Me Quilt
Kris Loves Fabric

November 8th
Debby Kratovil Quilts
Made By Me in Red
Freemotion by the River
Val's Quilting Studio
Tomorrow's Treasures Today
The Stitchin’ Post
The Nosy Pepper
The Reluctant Quilter
Quilting, Losing & Tea

November 11th
Jane's Quilting
Pieces By Polly
how Art you
Selina Quilts
Upcycled Fabric
BQuiltin Studio
In The Boon Docks
Gemini Stitches
Secretly Stitching

November 12th
Pig Tales and Quilts
CeLynn's Sunflower Patch
rainbows.bunnies.cupcakes
Devoted Quilter
Desertsky Quilting
Sew Fresh Quilts
Red Letter Quilts
Craft Nurse Quilt
Miss Priss Quilts

November 13th
Dachsies with Moxie
Patchouli Moon Studio
It Seams to Be Sew....
Scrappy n Happy – Here I am!
Loves to Quilt
Michelle's Romantic Tangle
Factotum of Arts
Jackie's Art Quilts
Living with purpose

November 14th
I like to QuiltBlog
Marjorie's Busy Corner
My Fabric Relish
Feathered Nest Studios
Moose Stash Quilting
QuiltnQueen
Grandmama's Stories
Our Busy Little Bunch
Words and Stitches

November 15th
Everyone Deserves a Quilt
From This to That
Monkey Makes Three
Just Quilt It
Life, Quilts and a Cat too
Thimblemouse and Spouse
More Stars in Comanche
Sew Incredibly Crazy
Sew We Quilt

That is quite a list and I already follow a few on there so it will be great to see what everyone comes up with!

I am off to have a CT scan on my chest this afternoon, my cough is still hanging around so the Dr is trying to figure out why I and the antibiotics can’t kick this infections butt!

Bye for now and happy sewing!
Jess :)

4 comments:

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Oh you have been busy! Love that little apple - so cute!

Hope you get the cough sorted out - sounds miserable!

Oops-Lah said...

You've made an excellent start on your "Midnight at the Oasis". I can't wait to see how it unfolds. And the apple pin cushion is lovely too; it looks enormous but I think the picture might be deceiving. Hope you can finally get rid of that cough, once and for all!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope you get better quickly.

prsd4tim2 said...

Love seeing your creations. The apple pinnie is just charming. I have looked at that pattern several times without buying it, but I think I may just have to give in. So cute. And that shark fabric? Can't wait to see what you do with it.