Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birdcage sew-in….

Hi all,

As some of you may already now the Birdcage Sew-in was last weekend. I had every intention of rolling my sleeves up and getting stuck in but due to unforseen events I wasn’t able to do what I wanted.

You may remember the raspberry ripple bag I made – well my darling baby (aka sewing machine) decided to kick the bucket, I really thought if I tried to keep going she was going to blow up. Fortunately it happened during the sewing class, so they leant me a machine to finish the bag and I left my darling baby there to go to the doctors….well the doc called today and she is sick,sick,sick. And it is going to cost a fortune, as she has just turned 2 we rang the maker and complained so we shall see what happens next. It is quite the saga!

So, I decided to tackle a stitchery I designed for the local sewing shops Opposites Quilt Challenge for this year, it is due in november.

img_2537 (Modified)
I hope this classifies me as participating in the sew-in, each panel has birds….

img_2542 (Modified)
Can you see what is opposite about it?

img_2540 (Modified)
This one didn’t get finished, but I’m getting there. They do need a good press too! I am making little tabs that can be put on and off, it is more a hands on interactive quilt, rather than a pretty, display only one!

Sorry for being so long winded! I’ll leave you with a unusual grevillea flower that I really love, I saved the tree from getting dug up when our driveway got done.

img_2551
Be happy,
Jess

5 comments:

barcord said...

so sorry about your darling baby. Isn't it always they way, they refuse to break down til after the warranty is up. Hope you get some satisfaction from the makers. luv B x x

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Well poo! I hate when the sewing baby get's sick. Not fun!
Love your stitchery though and I think it counts. ;)
xx, shell

Oops-Lah said...

What a bummer! And the sewing machine is only two years old! I hope you have kicked up a bit of a fuss ;). On the other hand, your stitchery looks lovely; it's very sweet. You designed it yourself? You are a clever girl. Wishing you a good weekend.
Vreni x

Wendyb said...

It definitely counts!!! Cant wait to see the finished thing! What a clever bunny (birdy!!) you are!
glad you enjoyed the challenge....we had heaps of fun too! We'll have to think of another!!
XXX Sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

RobynLouise said...

Hello, I've been visiting previously but I had to comment on this as I'd be kicking up a stink too. Surely you couldn't have overworked it that much in 2 years that it blew up!
Lovely stitchery...is the opposite that they are all out of cages?