Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WIP wednesday, amongst other things!

Hi all,

I thought I would start WIP wednesdays to keep me regular – at blogging that is! But I didn’t intend for it to be the only post I do each week….

wipwednesdaybutton

This week I have been working on my gifts for TP’s kindy teachers, yes that is plural, if I include assistants I need to make 5! Well, I have made 1, so we can adjust that to 4!

img_2914
When the fete was getting organised I heard one of the teachers say that they used to wear aprons at the last kindy she worked in. So that is what they are getting, home or kindy it doesn’t matter what they wear them for. I’m not making one for all the staff, unless they want to pay for them…cheeky or what?

img_2908
TP is modelling for me so it was hard getting a full shot. I will get hubby to take a picture with me wearing the next one.

img_2916  
I even lined them! Aren’t the teachers lucky this year!! LOL

The apron tutorial comes from here. So I have 4 more of these babies to make in the next couple of weeks!

GOOD NEWS ALERT! I have my sewing machine back, yipee! I picked her up this morning after a 2 month stay at the mechanics.

I have also made my hexie flower for my swap partner, which I will be posting off soon, so pictures are on there way!

Be Happy,
Jess

12 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Jessica, they are perfect!

Leila said...

I love them. The lining is great!

Unknown said...

Great idea for a teacher gift. My daughter's 1st grade teacher wore an apron everyday. Never though to give one as a gift though, thanks for sharing.

Megan said...

Your aprons are great! I am sure the teachers will really enjoy them!

Happy WiP Wednesday!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

What a sweet idea for a teacher gift :) Happy WiP Wednesday

AnneMarie said...

Very cute! I must make an apron - I've been seeing so many cute ones!

AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters

Lee said...

Really cute! I bet the teachers will love them!

Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday! Come back next week!

Elyte said...

Those aprons look great Jess, and thanks for the link to the tutorial. I love practical and pretty gifts.

Becky said...

How cute! I love gingerbread people, and remember making those paper people cut out chains as a kid!!!

Kimberly White said...

What a great gift! I like the lining you picked! And hooray for getting your machine back!

Melanie said...

I love your aprons! These are such great teacher gifts!

Janet said...

You are too good, they will be thrilled with them. Glad you got your machine back but what a long time without it, I have a baby back up for emergencies like that.