Friday, December 14, 2012

End of the school year!

Hi all,

Wow! Can you believe it? Where did this year go?

My biggest little guy finished year 1 today, it has gone so quickly but he had a great teacher and there was a teachers aide again this year so I think he has had lots of learning, encouragement and guidance…which I thought couldn’t go unappreciated! So I made them something each that I hope they love.

P1030748

Lunch bags! The pattern is free over at the Pink Penguin blog! I love this bag, I have one myself which I use to carry around hand sewing.

P1030750

These are lined with a food safe waterproof fabric which was lovely to sew with and looks really neat. And for the wadding I have used a layer of Insul-bright to insulate them.

P1030754

Now we have to start getting ready for next year which will be very exciting and scary too. The biggest little guy will be in grade 2 and the littlest guy will be starting kindy. I have a feeling kindy might be a bit of a shock to his system – with the sharing, separation from mum & dad and new rules to follow. Hopefully it won’t take too long to for them both to settle in.

 blog signature

6 comments:

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

What great presents - I bet they loved them! It's a little scary how fast this year has gone - my boys will be grade 3 and prep next year! At least my little one has a couple more years at home :o)

Oops-Lah said...

Yes, no doubt it will be a change for your little one. On the other hand, it will also bring changes for yourself as you will have more hours each day on your own. I'm sure you don't mind that too much??? More time for sewing perhaps? Love the lunch bags you've made for the teachers. They are lucky.

Elyte said...

Fabulous gifts for two lucky teachers.

Janet said...

What lucky teachers. I never get sick of making these bags, they are so handy and easy to make. I love your fabric choices.
Big changes for the little guy, I bet he'll love it and think he's grown up.

Linda said...

Your little guy will probably LOVE kindergarten! Give him a few days to get over the shock of being separated from you and he will really think he's a big boy. (It is usually harder on the parents than the child. I once had a dad stay in the hallway crying until lunchtime. The principal made him go home! His child was just fine!)

Sue SA said...

Great teacher presents! My youngest loved kindy (started in July so another six months to go) and he was the most clingying shy boy and in fact still can be! Our kindy is attached to DS1 school, so I think the familiar environment really helped. And yes I get heaps more sewing done even though I also went back to work, so it was a win win! I am going to be sad when he starts school though, cos that means he isnt going to be my little boy for much longer!