Saturday, March 29, 2014

American Beauty

Hi all,

I want to share my 2nd finished quilt for the year....yay! And this one has just been waiting on binding for the last couple of months.

This was a block of the month quilt that I did through my local patchwork shop, Sew This and That. It is a Marti Michell design which uses her awesome templates. We started in February of 2012. It took about 18 months to make the finished top and then I was waiting for some fabric for the backing for a while. Then I had Jane (quilt jane) quilt it for me on her longarm.

This is a monster of a quilt, I think it is the biggest I have ever made. It is approx 110" x 95". Huge!

I used mostly Sandi Henderson's Secret Garden fabric with coordinating solids and prints.

Bye for now, Jess :)

 

6 comments:

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Wow Jess, that is MASSIVE! It is absolutely stunning, I wish I could see it in real life!

Oops-Lah said...

Wow, it's huge! Must have give you some muscle by handling it ;)! It's absolutely gorgeous and beautifully made. xx

barcord said...

It is beautiful Jess. I am sure you are pleased with the result of all your hard work.

DeborahGun said...

wow Jess - that is a huge quilt and looks amazing :-)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Woohoo! Another finish! Love those blocks on point!

Nilya said...

The fabric for the border is perfect!