Thursday, July 3, 2014

Social tote fun!

Hi all,

Last weekend Lorena came up to Brisbane and did a couple of workshops teaching the Social Tote. I went to the Sunday workshop at Mt Ommaney.

A few weeks before Lorena sent us the pattern and kit so we could do some prep work...without this we would have needed two days I think.

It is amazing how involved these little sewing caddies are. Quite a few pieces, 3 different interfacings and lots of components!

The way the lining for the tote goes together is really mind bending, 3d sewing really. It was quite a bit to get my head around to start with! It would have been really difficult to make this first tote without Lorena's guidance so I am really grateful and happy that I got the chance to go to the workshop.

I had a great time from start to finish and really loved cutting into my Tula Pink stash! Although it was a bit scary fussy cutting the raccoons ;) my fav part is the pin cushion!

I am really keen to make another one but need to source the interfacings first..

Well, we are nearly half way through our winter school holidays here so my next post might be about what we have been getting up to :)

Bye for now, Jess

 

7 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Gorgeous Social Tote, although I'm not sure what a Social Tote really is? Is it to take a pick nick or wine to a party? Probably more likely to take work to class or group ;).

Nessa said...

It looks amazing! And so useful too! Well done on a great make!

Elyte said...

Lovely results Jess, that fabric works really well for the tote.

Jeanette said...

Love your social tote. Hugs,xx

Narelle said...

Wow! Gorgeous fabrics and love the style :)

Wendy said...

Such a gorgeous tote, it looks really useful too with the different compartments!

CraftyMummy said...

This is gorgeous! I think I need one...
Great fabric choice too