Sunday, July 11, 2010

Donation Quilt.....Finished!

G'day all,

Yah! I have finished the quilt I am donating to TP's kindy for their fete. I have called it "Fishing Adventures"!

I've actually had the top finished for a while, but didn't know what I'd do with it when it was quilted so I stashed it with all the other finished tops! There's at least another 4 quilt tops in that box!
The pattern is based on Jouy Medallion Wallhanging from the book Quick Colourful Quilts, I have made it bigger and added the extra black strips and changed the border to the feature fabric with foundation pieced "sun" corner blocks.

This is a close up of the feature fabric called Fishing Friends by Ingrid - Nutshell Designs for Red Rooster. I quilted it free motion and stitched along all the straight lines.

For the backing fabric I used a print from the Ron's World range by the Buggy Barn. It has the A-Z of encouraging thoughts, eg. G.ive thanks, H.elp others, I.magine....if you get the idea. And a pieced strip of fussy cut pictures from the feature fabric.

Sorry for all the extra info but I am using this blog as a sort of diary of what I am sewing, so I am trying to include as much detail as possible.

I hope you all have a good and productive week! Be sure to check out the link on my side bar for the Raggedy and Friends BOM that is starting on the 20th of this month!

Be happy,
Jess

9 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Very nice quilt; your son's kindergarten must be thrilled to have such prolific crafter as one of their mums!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Stunning quilt...

Elyte said...

Looks great Jess, love how you have used that lovely Fishing Friends fabric.

Melissa ;-) said...

That is such a great design! The fabric works so wonderfully with the piecing pattern!

Wendyb said...

Jess, it looks great!! Love how you pieced the back too!...and that backing fabric sounds wonderful...just perfect for little kindy learners!!!! Another OPAM finish!! Well done!
sugary hugs
Wendy :O) XX

Alison Gibbs said...

Jess it looks fabulous.
Love the fabric/colour combos.
Alison

Thea said...

It's lovely and very generous of you! Thank you for the feedback on my last post. x

quiltjude said...

Your work is beautiful - very clever, love the material

Janet said...

I love the fishing fabric and the quilt looks great. Excellent choice for the back. I think it's a good idea to put details in for your own records. Blogs are like a journal.