Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What’s happening Wednesday!

Hi all,

I have been working on a couple of things this week and dreaming about many more! Do all quilters do that?

Anyway, this is the January block for the And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play.

Block 1 - Measure twice

I have been hoarding these fabrics for a very loooong time so it is really nice to be using them! I messed with the pattern a little to make my twill tape measure fit perfectly and I love it!

Step 1 - Pattern cover

This is a quilt I am working on for the quilt appeal for Tasmania. I started with a kit that my mum got on sale….

Step 2 - My changes

But I changed it! I decided the yellow didn’t work perfectly with the border spots so I added in the rocket boys and then I decided the green didn’t work any more so I changed it for the orange chevron. And now I like it a lot more – it looks more modern and boyish!

The other thing you might be interested in if you love text fabric as much as I do is a text fabric fat quarter swap called Text Me. So excited about this one! Check out the flickr group for more info if you are interested.

blog signature

6 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

It's looking great so far. Can't wait to see the rest of it. How nice of you to make a quilt for the appeal. I'm sure someone will really appreciate a hand made quilt.

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Oh jess it is perfect! Love the colours you're using - that rocket fabric is one of my absolute favourites :o)

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Your BoM block looks great! Perfect tape measure!

Anonymous said...

Looking great and what a wonderful thing to do. Who is doing the quilt drive, might be ably to so one too.

Sooli said...

Lovely fabrics on your And Sew On block! I'm looking forward to block number 2!

quilary said...

Your're block is lovely - the tape works really well!