Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Frilly book cover!

Hi all,

I only have one project to share at the moment, I have many more in my imagination but unfortunately that can’t sew them up for me!

img_2351 

There are quite a few variations of this design out there, my inspiration was Lindsey’s notebook covers at her blog The Pleated Poppy.

I notice now looking again at her pictures that her ruffle seems to have a raw edge which makes it a lot less bulky. But never mind, this is my first attempt at a book cover with a frilly bit.

img_2350

I really love this fabric, I don’t know the name of it or any of its particulars but I do know I should have bought a lot more than a fat quarter! Even that back looks good!

I also sewed some cute ribbon into the top seam to make a couple of book marks! I wouldn’t want to lose my place now would I?

Be happy,
Jess

Ps. I have used Windows Live Writer to write this post, so there will be hip hip hoorays if it works well! So far it has been too easy!

6 comments:

Elyte said...

Great notebook Jess. love all the great little projects that can be found on all the blogs. And I love that we all share our links.

Oops-Lah said...

Great notebook cover. What's Window Live Writer? I'm sorry to say, but I'm a bit of an imbecile when it comes to things like these. Cheers
Vreni

Roseanne said...

Love your notebook cover.

Narelle said...

I have to agree, that fabric is gorgeous. The frill is the icing on the cake ... lovely bookcover!

Linda said...

Cute notebook cover, very girlie!

barcord said...

Your notebook cover is very pretty. Did you get my email giving you my blog address.