Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bee Blocks

Hi all,

I have a problem….I get beautiful fabric, that I love to look at, love to touch and match it up with other fabric but when it comes to cutting it – boy do I have trouble! Usually I put it back away because I am scared of ruining it or using it for the wrong project….crazy!


This is one such piece – it is a gorgeous Kaffe print. Fortunately or unfortunately, not sure which, It isn’t my fabric so it had to be cut up!


This is what became of it – a Mod Mosaic block for September in the Bee in Oz. It looks really cool with the black and white sashing!

I have also been making extra blocks to go with the blocks that the girls from the Bee made for me…

  
This is a circle of wonky stars, I love this block and knew if I didn’t make it for this quilt I would really be kicking myself later.


I got the inspiration for this from a block on Flickr and made it up as I went along.


This was made with two smaller stars made by on of the girls in the bee, I wanted a 12x12 block so I filled it out a bit!


I love the little astronaut hiding in the little star! I have the blocks sewn together, 3 across and 5 down, I am really undecided if this is going to be big enough. I will be adding borders. Um, Um, Um….yes, no, maybe….I don’t know!

And because you are probably sick of looking at wonky stars I will show you some new life…


That is a baby goose, hatched yesterday! And see those eggs, well they hatched today. We have six babies! And one more that is hatching…we saw its beak sticking out the egg!  Hopefully I will have some better pictures to share soon.

blog signature

6 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Well somebunny's been busy! Love how you cut the fabric. So fun! Love the wonky stars too. That is a really great block. Simply adore the baby goose! Can't wait to see pictures of the rest! How precious!!!! Is this your pet goose?
xx, shell

Elyte said...

Enjoying your wonky stars. Looking forward to meeting the Goose family.

Anonymous said...

My favourite blocks, stars. I can't wait to see it all together will look fantastic. How cute are those yellow chicks, I thought they would be white or grey?

Deb - Jump Creations

Karen said...

Soooo understand the "cant cut the fabric in case I get it wrong" thing.
Got quite a few pieces that come out for a viewing and then get put away again. Love the mod mosaic, works really well with that fabric and the black and white grout.
Cool wonky stars. More pics required please.
Aaawww so cute goose. Want to see the rest please.

Janet said...

I relly love your star blocks and the astronaut is pretty cool. I like the look of the black and white with the gorgeous fabric too.
Looking forward to seeing some fluffy babies.

Oops-Lah said...

How sweet is that little baby goose. Must be so cute to watch them grow. BTW; I have exactly the same problem with favorite fabrics. I save it for a very special project and then one day I'm not so keen anymore. So silly and now, I actually try to buy only for a specific project and then really use it. Love all your block!